Ideas About Future Topics or Demonstrations at Monthly Meetings

Welcome to the Northeastern Woodworkers Association Forums General Forum Ideas About Future Topics or Demonstrations at Monthly Meetings

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Rich Cerruto Rich Cerruto 5 months ago.

• Author

Stephens1
    Participant

The NWA Activities Committee will be meeting early in June to determine the schedule of topics for the 2019-2020 Monthly Meetings at the Shaker Heritage Site starting in September. I am starting to compile of list of possible topics for the committee to review, and I hope members will assist the committee by suggesting topics for the group to consider. So far, some of the possible topics iinclude the following:

– Determining what kind of finish was used on that antique & how to remove it
    – Using axes, spokeshaves and axes
    – Clamping dos and don’ts
    – Evaluating used power tools
    – Collecting old tools (follow up from Showcase program)
    – The future of forests in the Northeast

Thanks for your input – Irv Stephens, Vice President

Rich Cerruto
    Rich Cerruto

A couple suggestions:
    1) Characteristics of various wood and how to select the right wood for a given project.
    2) Methods of sharpening chisels and planes and how to tell if they are sharp.

Shei2
    Participant

Suggested topics:

– Dealing with wood defects
    – How to make a lumber project ready
    – Best ways to glue joints (types of glues, managing open time, dealing with squeeze out, etc.)

Thank you for the committee’s consideration.

Stephens1
    Participant

Glad to see two responses already. I will add these to my idea list. – Irv Stephens

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.