Ideas About Future Topics or Demonstrations at Monthly Meetings

Welcome to the Northeastern Woodworkers Association Forums General Forum Ideas About Future Topics or Demonstrations at Monthly Meetings

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Stephens1
      Participant

The NWA Activities Committee will be meeting early in June to determine the schedule of topics for the 2019-2020 Monthly Meetings at the Shaker Heritage Site starting in September. I am starting to compile of list of possible topics for the committee to review, and I hope members will assist the committee by suggesting topics for the group to consider. So far, some of the possible topics iinclude the following:

– Determining what kind of finish was used on that antique & how to remove it
      – Using axes, spokeshaves and axes
      – Clamping dos and don’ts
      – Evaluating used power tools
      – Collecting old tools (follow up from Showcase program)
      – The future of forests in the Northeast

Thanks for your input – Irv Stephens, Vice President

Rich Cerruto

A couple suggestions:
      1) Characteristics of various wood and how to select the right wood for a given project.
      2) Methods of sharpening chisels and planes and how to tell if they are sharp.

Shei2
      Participant

Suggested topics:

– Dealing with wood defects
      – How to make a lumber project ready
      – Best ways to glue joints (types of glues, managing open time, dealing with squeeze out, etc.)

Thank you for the committee’s consideration.

Stephens1
      Participant

Glad to see two responses already. I will add these to my idea list. – Irv Stephens

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.