Lumber & Tool Auction
Shaker Museum Barn, 820 Heritage Lane, Colonie NY 12205
The next NWA Lumber & Tool Auction will be announced when ready. All lumber offered at the auction has been air dried for at least two years. Large and small power tools as well as hand tools, all provided by generous donors, will be available. While large tools will be auctioned, smaller tools are offered at fixed prices on a “Cash & Carry” first-come first-served basis.
Doors open at 10:00 am for viewing. Cash & Carry sale starts at 10:00 am. Auction starts at 12 noon. Credit card payment is accepted for purchases of $50 or more.
If you can help with the auction contact Lee Hilt firstname.lastname@example.org or Juliana Shei email@example.com.
NWA Lumber & Tool Auction/Online Sale Committee,
Lee Hilt Chair
The Auction Committee accepts auction items from active NWA members as outlined below.
- “Donations” and “consignments (for sale by members)”
- Items can be brought to the Shaker Barn on preparation day.
- Large items may be entered in the auction. Smaller items less than $100 are accepted as Cash & Carry items only.
- Members may assign prices for smaller items and a minimum price for large items on consignment. The Auction Committee reserves the right to assign prices to donated items.
- NWA will retain 50% of the sale price on the consignment items. A check will be mailed to the member within one week of the Auction.
- Any consignment items not sold at the end of the Auction must be picked up by the member at the end of the Auction Day. Items not picked up will be considered as donated to the NWA.
- Donation acknowledgement letters will be issued to members who donated items within one week of the Auction. No letter will be issued for consignment items.
Note: Proceeds from our tool sales go 50% to the Fiske Fund (an educational grant fund used to defray costs of woodworkers’ education) and 50% to the NWA general fund.
Below: photos of past lumber and tool auctions.