Sheet Goods – Good Place To Buy?

Welcome to the Northeastern Woodworkers Association Forums General Forum Sheet Goods – Good Place To Buy?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Dean Babin
      Participant

Hi folks, I thought I’d make use of this forum to ask if anyone had a suggestion on a good place to buy sheet goods? I live in Cobleskill and need to buy a few sheets of 3/8″ Baltic Birch Plywood and a 3/4″ thick sheet of Melamine.

Someone mentioned Premium Plywoods or Atlantic Plywoods in Guilderland to me but I’m not sure if they take small orders like this? Thanks!

Brian Mayes
      Participant

I’ve done business at Atlantic Plywoods in Guilderland and they will do small orders.

Dean Babin
      Participant

Thanks Brian. I’m just seeing your reply now but coincidentally did end up buying some sheet goods from Atlantic Plywoods in Guilderland Center and had a positive experience. While there I noticed they have a huge selection of nice looking hardwoods in their warehouse. I wondered if they require a large minimum order for it but will inquire about that the next time I need some nice hardwood.

Shei2
      Participant

I bought small quantities of Baltic Birch plywood sheets from Curtis Lumber. They have to be “special ordered”, they will take orders by phone with a deposit on your credit card.

Dean Babin
      Participant

Thanks Shei2!

Lilly
      Participant

FYI – Allerdice in Saratoga Springs stocks Baltic birch.

Brown
      Participant

Hi Dean,
      try Connecticut plywood Ask for Eric. 518 489 9144. Good prices and well stocked.

Stephen

Dean Babin
        Participant

Thanks Brown and Lilly!

Shei2
      Participant

An update – I contacted Connecticut Plywood and was told they sell only to businesses. Individuals have to go through their distributors and told me to order through Curtis Lumber.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.