Instrument Making SIG

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Puffer
      Participant

I do not see the instrument making SIG listed. Has it been disbanded?

Webmaster
      Keymaster

Since the SIG was not listed in the last page of the newsletter I assumed it was disbanded. However I will ask around and update if it still exists.

Webmaster
      Keymaster

Confirming that the instrument making SIG is dormant. However, we have an active one within the Mid-Hudson Chapter.

Puffer
      Participant

I see that Bill Stirling is offering a guitar making class, so the instrument SIG must not be dormant. Also, I have been asked by some folks if we are ever going to offer another banjo building class. I hope we do.

Rich Cerruto

The Instrument SIG is not convening meetings so they are dormant. Bill is indeed teaching a guitar making class, so we can say the spirit of instrument making in NWA *not* dormant 🙂

Puffer
      Participant

I would say that the instrument SIG is definitely still active. While we do not have a current instrument making class going on in our shop, we do have our banjo playing instruction and jamming sessions at the shop twice a month. Other instrument players, besides just banjos are certainly welcome to join us for our jam sessions. If you are interested just email me at ray.puffer@gmail.com and i will add you to the list for notifications of upcoming jam sessions.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.